- For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; - John 15:26
- Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life. - John 8:12
- This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that bGod is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5
Spirit means that the Holy Spirit is immaterial. In other words, He does not possess a corporeal or physical form.
- God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. - John 4:24
That He is immaterial is to say that the Holy Spirit is not dependent upon matter and has no connection to matter.
- …a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have. - Luke 24:39
Flesh and bones are matter, which a spirit does not have. Hence, the Holy Spirit is not simply a spirit, He is pure spirit. He is invisible to the naked eye (Colossians 1:15; 1 Timothy 1:17).
- He is the image of the invisible God - Colossians 1:15
Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God - 1 Timothy 1:17