Time’s beginning is established on the first day of creation.
- God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. - Genesis 1:5
The Hebrew term translated as a day is yōm. Yōm refers to a literal, twenty-four hour cycle. During the first twenty-four-hour cycle of creation, God separated the darkness and the light into evening and morning. This twenty-four-hour cycle, divided between evening and morning, continued throughout the next five days and continues even into the present.
Along with time, God created space and matter.
- Thus says God the Lord, Who created the heavens and stretched them out, Who spread out the earth and its offspring, Who gives breath to the people on it And spirit to those who walk in it, - Isaiah 42:5
- For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens (He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it and did not create it a waste place, but formed it to be inhabited), I am the Lord, and there is none else. - Isaiah 45:18
All things, both visible and invisible, within the realm of space and matter, were created by God.
- In whose hand are the depths of the earth, The peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it, And His hands formed the dry land. - Psalm 95:4-5
- The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth… He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; - Acts 17-24a-25b