- But Peter said, I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene—walk! - Acts 3:6
- [Paul] said with a loud voice, Stand upright on your feet. And he leaped up and began to walk. - Acts 14:10
Healing in the New Testament era was unique. First, healings were instantaneous — the individual was immediately healed from their ailment.
- Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed. - Mark 1:42
- and they implored Him that they might just touch the fringe of His cloak; and as many as touched it were cured. - Matthew 14:36
- Departing, they began going throughout the villages, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere. - Luke 9:6
The gift of healing was not meant as a replacement for the field of medicine. Timothy suffered from a stomach ailment for which Paul encouraged him to drink a little wine.
- No longer drink water exclusively, but use a little wine for the sake of your stomach and your frequent ailments. - 1 Timothy 5:23