There are four passages which outline the various spiritual gifts available — Romans 12:6-8, 1 Corinthians 12:6-10, 1 Corinthians 12:28 and 1 Peter 4:11.
- Prophesying (i.e., Fore-telling)
- Ministering (i.e., Serving)
- Exhortation (i.e., Encouraging)
- Ruling (i.e., Leading)
1 Corinthians 12:6-10:
- Message of Wisdom
- Message of Knoweldge
- Distinguishing Between Spirits
- Interpretation of Tongues
1 Corinthians 12:28
- Government (i.e., Administration)
1 Peter 4:11:
Further, the gifts of the Holy Spirit can be broken down into two divisions — functional and durative. The functional gifts are classified as serving gifts and speaking gifts (cf. 1 Peter 4:11). The durative division of gifts classifies the gifts into two categories: temporary and permanent. The following chart outlines these functions and divisions.