- Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that there is no such thing as an idol in the world, and that there is no God but one. […] yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him. - 1 Corinthians 8:4, 6
- For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, - 1 Timothy 2:5
Unity also underscores the uniqueness of God — there is no other being like Him.
- Who is like You among the gods, O Lord? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders? - Exodus 15:11
- Is there any God besides Me, Or is there any other Rock? I know of none. - Isaiah 44:8
- I am the Lord, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; - Isaiah 45:5
- How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? - John 5:44
Because there is only one God there is only one Law, one Gospel, one body (i.e., the Church), one Spirit, one hope, one Lord, one faith, and one baptism.
- There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. - Ephesians 4:4-6
Additionally, the unity of the Godhead — three persons, yet one God — argues against false beliefs such as polytheism, tritheism, or dualism. In fact, the unity of the Godhead guarantees the doctrine of the Trinity. Unity holds the divine nature shared by three persons is numerically and eternally one.