- By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea; - Psalm 65:5
- Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone, - Isaiah 44:24
God’s power not only brought all things into being, but it is also the same power that sustains all thing.
- And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, - Hebrews 1:3
God is all-powerful and can to do whatever He wills so long as it conforms to His perfect nature.
- But our God is in the heavens; He does whatever He pleases. - Psalm 115:3
- Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created. - Revelation 4:11
As Henry Thiessen states, “God is all-powerful and able to do whatever He wills. Since His will is limited by his nature, God can do everything that is in harmony with His perfections.”(1) To ask questions such as, “Can God create a stone so large that He could not lift it” is not only illegitimate but blasphemous on the part of believers. God is above His creation, not a part of it, and thus He can exercise full power as He chooses.
- Henry Clarence Thiessen, Lectures in Systematic Theology (Grand Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1979), 82