- Who is like You among the gods, O Lord? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders? - Exodus 15:11
- There is no one holy like the Lord, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God. - 1 Samuel 2:2
- Your eyes are too pure to approve evil, And You cannot look on wickedness with favor. - Habakkuk 1:13a
- Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come. - Matthew 12:32
- who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, - Romans 1:4
The attribute by which the infinite God is moved to communicate with finite humanity is love. 1 John 4:8 declares that “God is love.” Hence, because the Holy Spirit is coequal with God, He is love. God’s love is not an emotional feeling or response but rather a reasoned-out love. It is sacrificial, springing from a deliberate voluntary choice regardless of what it is given in return. The attribute of love is grounded in the Spirit’s holiness. Because the Holy Spirit is love, He produces love in believers.