Paul provides seven proofs from the Old Testament, in Hebrews 1:5-14, that demonstrate that the Christ maintained His deity after the Incarnation (Hebrews 1:5-14).
- (1) You are My Son, Today I have begotten You?
- (2) I will be a Father to Him And He shall be a Son to Me?
- (3) And let all the angels of God worship Him.
- (4) Who makes His angels winds, And His ministers (leitourgós) a flame of fire.
- (5) Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness above Your companions.
- (6) You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of Your hands; They will perish, but You remain; And they all will become old like a garment, And like a mantle You will roll them up; Like a garment they will also be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end. But to which of the angels has He ever said,
- (7) Sit at My right hand, Until I make Your enemies A footstool for Your feet?
- John F. Walvoord, Jesus Christ Our Lord (Chicago, IL: Moody Bible Institute of Chicago, 1975), 114.