First, the Holy Spirit created the world (Genesis 1:2).
- The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. - Genesis 1:2
Second, He restrains sin (2 Thessalonians 2:7).
- For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he [the Holy Spirit] who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. - 2 Thessalonians 2:7
Third, the Holy Spirit teaches believers (John 14:26).
- But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. - John 14:26
Fourth, He testifies of Jesus (John 15:26).
- When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me, - John 15:26
Fifth, the Holy Spirit guides believers into truth (John 16:13).
- But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. - John 16:13
Sixth, He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8).
- And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; - John 16:8
Seventh, the Holy Spirit regenerates sinners, imparting new life to them (Titus 3:5).
- He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, - Titus 3:5
Eighth, He intercedes for believers in their times of weakness (Romans 8:26).
- In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; - Romans 8:26
Ninth, the Holy Spirit commissions individuals to service (Acts 13:2, 4).
- While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them. […] So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus. - Acts 13:2, 4
Tenth, He directs the believer’s ministry (Acts 8:29; 16:6).
- Then the Spirit said to Philip, Go up and join this chariot. - Acts 8:29
They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia; - Acts 16:6