- But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul. - Deuteronomy 4:29
Atheism believes that God does not exist. Scripture states that those who claim there is no God are fools.
- The fool has said in his heart, There is no God. - Psalm 14:1
Deism believes that God exists, but that God is uncaring and uninvolved with His Creation. Furthermore, it denies the Trinity, the inspiration of Scripture, Christ’s deity, and miracles. Scripture states, that God is very involved in the natural processes of the created realm.
- For to the snow He says, Fall on the earth, And to the downpour and the rain, Be strong. From the breath of God ice is made, And the expanse of the waters is frozen. Also with moisture He loads the thick cloud; He disperses the cloud of His lightning. It changes direction, turning around by His guidance, That it may do whatever He commands it, On the face of the inhabited earth. - Job 37:6, 10-12
Pantheism believes that God is in everything and everything is God; there is no distinct personal God. Hence, a rock, a tree, the sun, and grass are God. Scripture states that God is not to be worshipped with idols or images of anything from the created realm. If God were a rock, a tree, the sun, or grass why forbid worshipping Him with these images?
- You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; - Exodus 20:4-5
Polytheism believes that there are many gods. Scripture states that there is only one God — the Lord — YHWH.
- Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! - Deuteronomy 6:4
- For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the Lord made the heavens. - Psalm 96:5
- You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder. - James 2:19